- A 3-year-old tribal boy's fingers are chopped off for being an alleged Naxalite..... say two good friends of mine.
- China has annexed substantial amount of Indian soil in Leh during past decade..informs Army chief...
- Harmful chemicals found in plastic toys sold in India. Nothing can be done because we don't have a standard to measure this.
- Environment minister loses his cool in answering questions related to introduction of GM food in India. No decisions taken yet on this. Govt. will take a decision on this based on some unknown or undisclosed parameters.
- Copenhagen meet on decision of Kyoto protocol ends in total disaster and almost name-calling.
- 16 years after he harassed and drove an innocent teenager to suicide, ex-DGP Rathode is finally convicted to 6 months of imprisonment and then granted anticipatory bail.
These are some of the things making news these days. Its not that there are no happy news. I am sure something good must be happening somewhere. May be we have found a cure for swine flu... may be somewhere a bandit has given up arms... may be somewhere women have been given their due rights...
But somehow I find more sadness and in general negative happenings than positive ones. Its sad... but I find it worse that I don't care anymore. That I don't feel burdened... that it doesn't matter to me now... that all that I need to do is put the paper down or change the channel... that most of the things don't agitate me any more... that I have lost the will to try or the hope of change... I have begun believing that we are on the downward sine- curve of human race evolution life cycle... that it can only go worse...then hit the downward datum and start afresh. I think I have lost something or may be I have lost. But who cares. :)