- A 3-year-old tribal boy's fingers are chopped off for being an alleged Naxalite..... say two good friends of mine.
- China has annexed substantial amount of Indian soil in Leh during past decade..informs Army chief...
- Harmful chemicals found in plastic toys sold in India. Nothing can be done because we don't have a standard to measure this.
- Environment minister loses his cool in answering questions related to introduction of GM food in India. No decisions taken yet on this. Govt. will take a decision on this based on some unknown or undisclosed parameters.
- Copenhagen meet on decision of Kyoto protocol ends in total disaster and almost name-calling.
- 16 years after he harassed and drove an innocent teenager to suicide, ex-DGP Rathode is finally convicted to 6 months of imprisonment and then granted anticipatory bail.
These are some of the things making news these days. Its not that there are no happy news. I am sure something good must be happening somewhere. May be we have found a cure for swine flu... may be somewhere a bandit has given up arms... may be somewhere women have been given their due rights...
But somehow I find more sadness and in general negative happenings than positive ones. Its sad... but I find it worse that I don't care anymore. That I don't feel burdened... that it doesn't matter to me now... that all that I need to do is put the paper down or change the channel... that most of the things don't agitate me any more... that I have lost the will to try or the hope of change... I have begun believing that we are on the downward sine- curve of human race evolution life cycle... that it can only go worse...then hit the downward datum and start afresh. I think I have lost something or may be I have lost. But who cares. :)
Unlike my other blog which is updated rarely when I think; this blog is about what I usually do, i.e.. nothing.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Labels: Sad but true
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Do not worry... it's not your doing... media is not a medium of showing us whats going but rather some "mirch masala" show... Moreover Indian media is one of the most negative media in the world... It's our duty as a human or you can say as an Indian to sometime see the brighter side of life...
yeah... its media too... but they ain't being untrue either... the facts mentioned in the post are true. They don't cease to exist if we look away [alas :(]
Its not that I say that we should be sad and gloomy about things, its just that there are way too many unhappy things around :)
Post a Comment