I was recently told about a female who lost her child because of negligence of creche where she left him while she worked. She then started a creche of her own. She also spent a significant amount of her savings on her relatives, who abandoned her family when they needed them. She gathered whatever broken pieces she still had and rebuilt what she could. I could not even guess this in spite of meeting her several times.She is one of the most gentle persons I have seen. She can look after children, caring as her own beyond time limits, beyond eccentric parents. It certainly is not money that drives her. She is not bitter, nor has she lost faith in goodness.
When I was told about her story, I was lost wondering what does it take to stay sane. To accept things as they come. So many of us breakdown. We give up on ourselves and on others. We distrust, we hate. We lose faith. Troubles leave us weaker than before. But some of us react differently. They emerge stronger each time they are tested. I wonder what is that differentiates and empowers them. That they come out neither bitter, nor sad or jealous. Rather they come out as fearless souls at peace with themselves.
I am sure it takes more than any strength I can fathom. A lot more trust than I can measure. To fall freely, no strings attached, knowing that the power will catch you, will not let you break, even if you get bruised. It takes more... a lot more to not break. To not let your spirit die. To stay good. To forgive. To stay human.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
- A 3-year-old tribal boy's fingers are chopped off for being an alleged Naxalite..... say two good friends of mine.
- China has annexed substantial amount of Indian soil in Leh during past decade..informs Army chief...
- Harmful chemicals found in plastic toys sold in India. Nothing can be done because we don't have a standard to measure this.
- Environment minister loses his cool in answering questions related to introduction of GM food in India. No decisions taken yet on this. Govt. will take a decision on this based on some unknown or undisclosed parameters.
- Copenhagen meet on decision of Kyoto protocol ends in total disaster and almost name-calling.
- 16 years after he harassed and drove an innocent teenager to suicide, ex-DGP Rathode is finally convicted to 6 months of imprisonment and then granted anticipatory bail.
These are some of the things making news these days. Its not that there are no happy news. I am sure something good must be happening somewhere. May be we have found a cure for swine flu... may be somewhere a bandit has given up arms... may be somewhere women have been given their due rights...
But somehow I find more sadness and in general negative happenings than positive ones. Its sad... but I find it worse that I don't care anymore. That I don't feel burdened... that it doesn't matter to me now... that all that I need to do is put the paper down or change the channel... that most of the things don't agitate me any more... that I have lost the will to try or the hope of change... I have begun believing that we are on the downward sine- curve of human race evolution life cycle... that it can only go worse...then hit the downward datum and start afresh. I think I have lost something or may be I have lost. But who cares. :)